Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Zombunnies and critter pirates.

I finished the color for the Zombunnie art last night.
Here's the process.

The rough drawn in my sketchbook.

The inked art in my sketchbook.

And finally the colored version. Digital.
I scanned it in to Photoshop and saved it, then put it on a layer in Illustrator.
I set the inked art to multiply and locked the layer.
The color was added on several layers below the inked layer.
Once I was done with the color in Illustrator I opened the file in Photoshop.
I created a noise layer over the top and reduced it to about 12%.

After constructive criticism I made some changes to the coloring of the image.

I brightened some of the color, and added a little more contrast.

No comments: