Monday, January 04, 2010

2010

It's a new year!
It's fresh. It's clean. And ready to draw on.
So I've been considering what to do with 2010.
First off, I picked up this book...

I be reading it from cover to cover this month and then applying what I learn from it to my book art throughout the year.
I will review the book either as I go along chapter by chapter or as a whole. This is my first book review so I'll figure that out as I read it.

Secondly, I have decided to take a lesson from the "Old Masters" and do some self portraits.
The plan is to do one a week. Probably on Mondays.
This is the first one. Pencil drawing done in about 20 min.

They will be done however I feel like doing them that day. Pencil sketch, watercolor, whatever.
The plan is to help develop my observation skills.

Thirdly, I will be doing a lot of black and white inked art this year.
I have noticed lately, that when I go to the book store, I am attracted to the line art of the chapter books for boys/girls.  

Forthly, I will be searching for a "focus" for my children's art.
I will be playing with creating a small group of characters to star in my art.
I have a few ideas, but I will be experimenting in my sketchbook for the next couple of months to see what comes up.

I have also decided to focus on the "Old Masters" in my own way.
Particularly, Vincent Van Gogh. He has been a favorite of mine for many years and I find myself thinking of him a lot lately. I believe I will be writing a story featuring Vincent. I don't know if it will be fact or fiction or a mix of both.
I have this idea of doing some cartoony fact sheets. Each would focus on an "Old Master."

That's all I have figured out so far.
We'll see how it goes.....

No comments: